The Yorkshire region of Variety is fortunate to have many supporters of all ages and from all walks of life, who are determined to provide disabled and underprivileged children across the region a better childhood and hope for a brighter future.
Each year we make a tangible and positive impact on the lives of children and young people. We achieve this through our three core programmes: Mobility, Health & Care and Variety at Work.
Variety has provided over 5,000 Sunshine Coaches in the past 51 years, nearly 200 of those are run on Yorkshire’s roads. Our Sunshine Coach programme enables children with disabilities to develop their life skills by enjoying activities such as riding for the disabled, swimming lessons, residential trips and accessing Variety at Work (Variety Great Days Out).
Variety Great Days Out provides educational outings, events, days out and special treats for schools where children are either disabled or come from a very deprived background. Last year Variety Great Days Out entertained over 3,500 children and 400 carers. Variety Great Days Out provides respite from the worries many children face in their everyday lives and most importantly creates lasting happy memories which sadly are few and far between.
There are many ways you can support us, a few of which are listed below:
- taking part in a mass participation event;
- taking on a personal challenge;
- assisting with our Christmas present appeal;
- collecting shoes and clothes;
- helping out at a Variety Great Days Out event;
- sponsoring a Sunshine Coach;
- selling gold hearts;
- organising an event to raise funds;
- having a Sunshine day at work, everyone has to wear yellow to raise funds;
- adopting Variety as your company’s chosen charity;
- donating gifts or experiences to Variety to auction at our high profile events; and
- get involved in a Variety Big Build project.
A donation today, as an individual or on behalf of a business, will enable us to continue to support those children who are less fortunate than others.
Please take a moment to visit our Just Giving page https://www.justgiving.com/varietyGB/ or if you would like to talk to us about supporting the charity in other ways, then please call Charlotte Farrington on 0113 245 9937 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
On behalf of the children, we thank you!